The CrossFit Open is only 7 days away. So I think this is a good time to go over the rules of the Intramural and announce the first challenge.
For those who don’t know, the CrossFit Open marks the beginning of the CrossFit Games Season. There will be 5 workouts, released every Thursday evening. Competitors have until Monday night to complete the workout at a CrossFit Affiliate and submit their score. The workout can be completed as many times as wanted/needed before the Monday evening cut off. Competitors will be ranked by sex, division (age), and region. The Top 20 in the World get an invite to the CrossFit Games.
So why should you do it??
Because its fun. Because its a challenge. Athletes like you, from all around the world, show up and push themselves further than they ever thought possible over a five-week period. Challenges, PRs, and the unknown await.
If nothing else, because you will give you team points and help them win the CrossFit 187 Intramural challenge.
So how do the teams accumulate points?
- Complete the weekly challenge.. and its helps to win it
- Complete the Open workout each week (we will be doing the workout all day Fridays and Saturdays)
- You can do any version of the workout – RX or Scaled – and you can change it each week. Or whatever you want… as long as you show up
- Wear your team color on Friday or Saturday.
- Points will be rewarded to the top 3 in each division, RX and Scaled
So lets get the Intramural Competition started with our first challenge – Sign up for the OPEN!!
Head to https://open.crossfit.com/ today (or anytime before Monday October 14th) to sign up.